Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Newberry winner! And I know why!


I heard alot about this book at the librarian's convention I went to this past spring. Saying how it was definitely a middle school read but adults were going to love it, too. Calling it a "time traveler's wife" for young people, really great story. Well they hit the nail on the head! I loved it. The beginning was simple enough, I even thought to myself that it was just okay. Made me smile a couple times, remembering my own 6th grade self. But the ending? Holy crap!! Incredible!! Cried like a baby on my front porch. Reread it several times (the ending). I'm still thinking about it! I loved it. Well worth the read! I'd recommend it to everyone! Fab!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I was surprised how much I loved it. I had several people tell me that it was either 'just okay' or that they did not like it at all. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to read this book, because i always think about 6th grade and middle school. this book sounds good. I heard good reviews about the Time Travelers wife.

    ReplyDelete