Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's talk about Will Grayson...


I liked him. I really did. He's funny, smart, sweet, kind, and cute! And I loved his best friend, Tiny, too. Great characters! Great friendship! I liked the story. I just thought it might have been a little to...optimistic? I'm not sure the real world is as kind and tolerant as the world of Will and Tiny. I wish it was, but I don't think it is. And for that reason, the story felt a little too "easy" to me. I'd love to live in a world where every person is respected and embraced for who they are. I definitely believe "that being the person God made you cannot separate you from God's love." I'm just not sure the rest of the world believes that. I'm hopeful though. :)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the story.I thought the plot was great and it had me occupied for the few days i read it in. The only disappointment i had was the ending. I agree that it was a bit to optimistic and perfect. In real life I don't think a school would allow a homosexual student put on a play about his sexuality. It's unrealistic. Howevert, i still loved the story and i'm now hooked on John Green's books.

    ReplyDelete